- The RIAA is going after 41 YouTube ripper sites
- A fire at the AKM factory means audio chips are about to get scarce
- Nashville mixer Biller Decker
- Check out his Template Mixing And Mastering book
- You can also listen to Billy on Inner Circle Podcast #197
Billy Decker has mixed hits for Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, Jason Aldean. Jaime Lynne Spears, George Jones and Sam Hunt, among others, that have sold over 25 million albums. Billy is different from most other mixers in that heâs able to mix extremely fast thanks to his templates that outline all the basic parameters of each instrument.
To that end, Billy isnât shy about how he does it and has recently released a book called Template Mixing And Mastering that explains his method. Heâs also helped developed the Bus Glue series with Joey Sturgis Tones as well as his Drumshotz library with Drum Forge.
During the interview we talked about why he started using templates, the thinking behind processing different mix elements, his plugins and drum samples, and much more.
On the intro Iâll take a look at the RIAA clamping down on ripper sites, and the coming parts shortage as a result of the big AKM audio semiconductor factory fire.